Brewpub Line Cook
Hourly Wage: $24-27/hour (including tip wage)
The Brewpub Line Cook cooks and plates high quality food to guests by following the Company's pre-established recipe specifications and procedures. The Brewpub Line Cook will primarily be responsible performing work at stations on the line such as: fry, sauté, pantry, expo, and grill. Brewpub Line Cooks will also be expected to be flexible with the ability to work along-side and in collaboration with a team, but there may also be times that require high multi-tasking skills while being responsible for the entire line alone.
- Cooks, sautés, broils, plates and occasionally prepares all food items for his/her assigned Brewpub location by strictly adhering to the Company’s recipe specifications.
- Assumes the role of expo when volume dictates.
- Ensures all food meets specifications by performing quality checks, adding garnishes, and checking plate cleanliness before presenting food to guests.
- Effectively manages tickets using the Double-Line System for food expediting to ensure all plates are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to company recipe standards, line check responsibilities, Personal Protective Equipment policies, and proactively sets pars for station.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor, while working with passion and integrity.
- Assists teammates as needed and follows the directives of the management team.
- Conducts work in an efficient and safe manner bringing to management’s attention any potential hazards needing corrective action.
- Adheres to all food-related safety practices set forth by Company, state, and federal regulations and standards.
- Maintains a clean and well organized workstation.
- Adheres to all cleaning and chemical safety practices set forth by the Company’s standards.
- Adheres to food preparation timing and temperature standards as set forth by the Company.
- Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen area and equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes and utensils for brewpubs by strictly adhering to the Company’s pre-established cleaning procedures.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certificate.
- Current Food Handlers Card (if applicable by County regulations).
- Flexibility to work a minimum of three shifts per week.
- Capable of working in a high-volume, fast-paced setting.
- Requires strong communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in safe food handling practices and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to understand and read recipes/plating specifications which are written in English.
- Ability to perform basic weights and measurements and unit conversions.
- Ability to conduct various kitchen skills such as prep, sauté, and broil.
- Advanced knife and cutting skills.
- Physical Demands - Heavy work: Team member typically shares workstation with others in similar positions. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 25%. Requires walking and/or standing for more than 75% of the workday. Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.