Repair & Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Must be able to work Swing Shift: 12pm-8pm or 4pm-12am
Facility & Equipment Management
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, production machines, and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools, and precision-measuring instruments.
- Fixes outlets, lights and performs miscellaneous electrical projects to support the company needs.
- Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment. Repairs electrical equipment as needed.
- Develops and implements Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans to ensure the reliable equipment operation. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Oversees and manages various equipment projects (new and existing) including specification, procurement, installation, start-up and ongoing operation.
- Performs facility maintenance & repair duties, determines priority and schedule incorporating input from various department.
- Determines optimum use of resources to achieve projects, research, establish primary contact with and oversee work of outside vendors that will perform more complicated, specialized, or labor-intensive tasks.
- Defines costs, schedules and work required for all projects.
- Manages appropriate communication with any packaging team members affected by project work.
Controls & Automation
- Troubleshoot and maintain PLC and variable speed drive controlled high speed production equipment and batch processes.
- Maintain the power distribution of plant equipment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including wiring, P&ID’s and capable of red-lining any deviations from design.
- Experience with both Siemens and Allen Bradley is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills and thorough research skills
- Extremely well organized, structured approach to a work plan
- Multitasker; be able to track and complete numerous concurrent projects.
- Persistent and focused on tasks at hand
- High quality standards
- Strong, clear, and effective communicator
- A consistently positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, thorough, calculated approach to troubleshooting
- Work well in a collaborative environment with multiple departments, individuals, and outside customers.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, multi-crafted worker that can work autonomously in a fast-paced and, often loud, production environment.
- Experience with HVAC, boilers, chillers, centrifuge, electrical, plumbing, gas and must have experience packaging/brewing equip.
- Ability to operate small tools and mechanical equipment
- Mechanical troubleshooting experience in high-speed packaging and/or highly automated continuous process environment preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement, conveyor bearing, and chain replacement, motor/gearbox replacement, lube routes.
- Ability to work off shifts (afternoons and nights), overtime and on-call as necessary. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Minimum 4 years of previous maintenance experience
- 3 year industrial electrical/programming experience or two-year technical degree preferred.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member works in various settings ranging from corporate offices, production plants and even high-volume restaurants. The noise level may be disruptive at times. There may be lifting required of up to 75+ pounds. This position’s responsibilities include the use of ladders and machinery maintenance and operation, which require safety precautions in accordance with company policy and OSHA standards.
Your application has been successfully submitted.