Pack Line Team Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team! We have an opening for a Pack Line Team leader on our production campus. Lead the awesome team that packages Dragon's Milk - and other popular New Holland brands.
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
The Packaging Team Leader leads the teams that operate the can, bottle, and keg lines. The Team Leader coordinates packaging operations with other departments to ensure product is packaged on time and meets all quality and food safety standards. The Pack Line Team Leader acts as a player/coach within our shipping and receiving team.
What you would do
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
- Assign operators to machines and move operators as necessary to fill all positions.
- Motivate the team and hold the team accountable for achieving all production goals and performing at a high level everyday.
- Facilitate cross-training of operators on different machines to build team depth.
- Delegate tasks to machine operators and follow-up to ensure completion.
- Verify finished goods counts daily and process production orders using Orchestrated Beer.
- Monitor packaging inventory levels and communicate with Purchasing Manager to ensure necessary packaging inventory levels are maintained.
- Communicate machine issues to maintenance department and assist in implementing solutions.
- Help operators troubleshoot machine issues.
- Provide assistance to the Packaging Manager.
- Ensure packaging runs adhere to the schedule and are completed on time.
- Work with Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment Manager to identify and control potential safety hazards in the packaging areas.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis meetings and implement corrective actions to improve packaging efficiencies and prevent downtime.
- Abide by all food safety and GMP rules and regulations.
- Perform other job duties as performed.
What you offer us
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout an entire shift.
- Ability to work in heat, cold, and high humidity.
- Ability to be on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Ability to go up and down stairs repeatedly throughout an entire shift.
- 2-3 years leadership experience.
- Forklift experience.
- Chemical handling experience.
- Knowledge or experience in beer/beverage manufacturing.
- Passion for beer and brewing.
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Believe * Engage * Own * Lead * Act with Integrity * Care
How your job supports the mission
- Ensuring product is packed efficiently and ready to ship to the customer on time.
- Provide support for packaging team members.
- Enhance the quality of people's lives!
Summary of a typical day
- Ensure all three packaging lines start up on time.
- Assist operators in troubleshooting machine issues and help out where needed.
- Verify packaging inventory levels are sufficient to complete the week’s schedule.
Reports to: Packaging & Warehouse Manager
Your application has been successfully submitted.