This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Brewer/Cellar Assistant will perform entry level cellaring duties to help Brewer/Cellar Operators complete their tasks at our Sumter, SC location.
- Work smart & safely, including the proper use of required PPE
- General cleaning of stainless-steel tanks surfaces and exteriors
- Using CIP system (Clean-In-Place), clean tank or line interiors (may be automated or manual process)
- Sanitary assembly of process parts (soft lines, pumps, tri-clamp fittings, etc.)
- Tank dumping, venting and disassembly
- Tank re-assembly
- Preparing and using various cleaning solutions
- Preparing and loading the dry hop cannon
- Weigh various ingredients and/or materials using a digital scale
- Stock supplies for the centrifuge
- Monitor production operations (fermentation & conditioning of the beer) on the computerized system; report any anomalies
- Assist with centrifugation and beer transfers
- Report mechanical problems
- A fundamental knowledge of the brewing process
- The ability to read, understand and follow verbal directions
- The ability to read, understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Basic algebra skills; the ability to understand and perform metric conversions (gallons / ml.)
- The ability to use small hand tools, including a small propane blow torch
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Be able to work flexible hours
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Solid problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility to do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Be able to obtain our Forklift Certification
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a Commercial Production Brewery or High-Volume Brew Pub
- A formal brewing education is considered a plus
- Frequently stand for the duration of the shift, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly.
- Use hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.
Your application has been successfully submitted.