Market Sales Manager – Charlotte, North Carolina
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re always on the lookout for awesomeness. Do you have it? If so then there may be a place for you on the Foothills team. Apply online using our Employment Application, or download our pdf version and send with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: background check required for all positions.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Sales Representative is responsible for selling the Foothills Portfolio to retailers, promoting our brands with consumers and managing distributor relationships.
- Utilizes aggressive retail call frequency on Top 100 and Prospect accounts, as well as data from internal systems to identify sales opportunities and direct wholesaler focus
- Creates and promotes a brand building culture, both internally and externally, with accountability to deliver new distribution points, retail sales and merchandising support
- Utilizes Karma CRM system to manage their own daily tasks & activities and provide regular communication with all levels of distributor personnel and Foothills Management.
- Works with on and off-premise distributor reps to “Team Sell” on a regular basis
- Monitors wholesaler and competitive pricing activities and communicates changes & opportunities
- Coordinates, negotiates and attends events and sponsorships affiliated with the company’s brands including, but not limited to bartender/wait staff training, tastings, beer dinners, and festivals
- Monitors wholesaler inventory levels, product age and conducts regular warehouse audits
- Ensures wholesaler execution against all chain programs and objectives
- Completes necessary and required reports with timeliness and accuracy
- Assists and monitors wholesaler compliance in accordance with the master distribution agreement
- Assists Region Manager with the development and implementation of the annual business plan with distributors
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
- Other duties as required
- Understanding of 3-tier system and exposure to outside retail sales and account management
- Must reside in designated territory
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Strong creative thinking skills with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
- Focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Experience with CRM & Sales Reporting Applications
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to turn data into action
- Technical beer industry capabilities (beer styles, draught, on/off-premise) preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Bachelor’s degree required/High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to travel as required
- Valid drivers’ license
- Wholesale license
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Carrying • Writing • Bending • Stooping • Grasping
- • Standing • Twisting • Sitting • Lifting • Walking
- • Kneeling • Reaching overhead • Crouching • Filing documents
- • Communicating with customers and co-workers • Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 55 pounds frequently
- Lifting/pulling/pushing up to 165 pounds on occasion
- Working on your feet for over 8 hours a day
- Moving around in a tight space
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Working in a loud production environment
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
Foothills Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.