This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Shift Lead- Brewing
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
2nd Shift - Wednesday- Saturday (2pm-12am)
3rd Shift - Wednesday-Saturday (10pm-8am)
POSTING DATES: 6/25/21- 7/15/21
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for completing all of the day-to-day activities necessary to make high quality beer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc
- Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee
- Directly responsible for maintaining Bell’s quality standards in all areas of Brewing.
- Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through CIP (Clean in Place) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices in collaboration with assistant brewers.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Brewhouse operation.
- Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer.
- Centrifuge/filter operation.
- Setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Carbonate beer and prepare for it for Packaging customers.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure in collaboration with assistant brewers and maintenance staff.
- Aid in the professional development of assistant brewers
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer and other process automation systems.
- Brewing raw materials; including water, hops, malt, and yeast.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemicals
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
- Fork lift/aerial lift truck.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
- Work off shifts including weekends and holidays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- An accredited Brewing Certification or related science degree.
- >2 years’ experience in a production brewery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the brewing process.
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
- HS Diploma or GED required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
Bell’s Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. At Bell’s Brewery we believe diversity and eccentricities make us a better company. Across every department and at every level, Bell’s Brewery is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because it's who we are. We value and recognize the inherit self-worth and dignity of every employee and strive to uphold a work environment that allows every employee to thrive as their full selves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.