This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Safety Manager
POSITION TYPE: Variable Hours, Hourly Non-Exempt
POSTING DATES: 6/25/2021 - 7/17/2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Safety Coordinator is responsible for promoting and maintaining the Bell’s safety always culture. This position is responsible for assisting all Bell’s locations with maintaining safe work environments and MIOSHA compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee.
- Supports safety sub-teams, including safety committees, powered industrial truck advisory group, chemical management sub-group, safety sub-group, and ergonomics teams.
- Assists in investigations and root cause analysis of near miss, first aid and workplace injuries in collaboration with Safety team.
- Assists in the upkeep and improvements of Bell’s Health and Safety software.
- Conducts job demands analysis for Comstock brewery and downtown retail campus as well as ergonomic assessments for various positions.
- Conducts periodic audits for Zero Energy/Lock out- Tag out.
- Conducts general safety and PPE inspections.
- Assists employees in PPE requests including work boot and prescription safety glass requests.
- Develops and delivers safety trainings including videos and in person content.
- Educates new employees during onboarding on Bell’s Safety Always culture and programs.
- Actively participates as a member of the Safety sub-groups.
- Maintains compliance through completing actions in EHS Software.
- Flexible work schedule, as weekends and extended workdays are necessary to accommodate all shifts.
- Collaborate and participate in other department meetings.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Safety Equipment (meters/fall protection/confined space/first aid/personal protective equipment)
Powered industrial trucks and aerial platform
Computer and standard office equipment
Company and/or personal vehicle
- A mindset that an incident-free work environment is not only possible, but is the expectation.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and MIOSHA regulations and their application.
- A self-starter who can apply feedback and direction to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Desire to learn and grow as a safety professional.
- The ability to engage employees positively and inclusively in support of safe work practices.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable addressing diverse groups.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Organizational skills: must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- A bachelor’s degree in safety and occupational health or equivalent work and/or military experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety programs
- Experience in industrial beverage or food manufacturing
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of an office, brewery, & surrounding grounds.
- The noise level in certain parts of the buildings is frequently loud (85+ dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials and climate changes.
- The employee will have potential exposure to bodily fluids and pathogens.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- This position will require the ability to work all shifts, weekends and/or be on call for emergencies.
- Personal Protective Equipment will vary with tasks, but may include: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, safety boots, respiratory protection, hearing protection, fall protection harness.
- Ability to travel as required. (<10% of time)
Bell’s Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. At Bell’s Brewery we believe diversity and eccentricities make us a better company. Across every department and at every level, Bell’s Brewery is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because it's who we are. We value and recognize the inherit self-worth and dignity of every employee and strive to uphold a work environment that allows every employee to thrive as their full selves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.