Assistant Packaging Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Saint Archer is looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate about craft beer to round out our brewery packaging team. As an Assistant Packaging Technician, you will be involved in the full process of packaging our award-winning products and getting cans, bottles, and kegs primed for the public’s enjoyment and our distribution partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learn and execute packaging operations according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist on packaging lines which include assembly of case trays, feeding empty cans into depalletizer, packing cans, offloading and palletizing cases, and moving completed pallets
- Assist on the kegging line which includes loading and unloading empty and filled kegs onto pallets
- Ensure that all beer that leaves the packaging department meets all Saint Archer quality specifications and maintain the highest quality for all beer produced
- Work collaboratively with the packaging and production managers and quality control
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of all products
- Organize, operate and clean all packaging equipment and maintain cleanliness of all packaging areas following SOP's
- Perform machine and beer line sanitization and clean in place (CIP) operations
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure functionality, efficiency, and safety
- Promote a team-oriented, Safety First culture
- Ensure finished product is categorized and logged accurately each day, maintaining accurate production documentation
- Assist colleagues and cross-train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished
- Perform other duties as assigned by the packaging manager
What you need for the role:
- Passion for craft beer!
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- previous experience operating automated filling and packing equipment
- Effective communication and a team-player
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to assist operators on all packaging equipment
- Knowledge of beer production, storage and packaging
- Laser attention to detail
- Self-starter and results-driven
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand, walk, and be on your feet for up to 10 hours
- Ability to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 44 pounds and occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 100 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to operate brewery production equipment, canning, bottling and keg line equipment in a production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our people and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility
- Nonexempt hourly wage
- 4-day work week: x4 10-hour shifts
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick time (and we encourage you to use it for optimal work/life balance!)
- Paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work scheduling for new moms and dads (birth or adoption)
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Personal and career development opportunities
- 50% off Saint Archer swag
- We play our part to make a difference in our communities - from social and charitable partners to championing causes to caring for the environment; at Saint Archer you're part of something bigger
- And of course, free beer!
At Saint Archer, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in the differences that bring us together.
The Saint Archer journey was founded on love and commitment. A love of craft beer and a commitment to creativity and following the road less traveled. From the beginning, we have always believed the craft beer experience happens where art and science meet. With that understanding, our company was founded on a unique strain of creative talent. World-class brewers. Artists and musicians. Professional surfers, skateboarders, and snowboarders… All coming together with passion and dedication to express our one true love: great, crafted beer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.