This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Corporate Accountant is a full-time position responsible for supporting the finance and administrative division of Melvin Brewing Company. This dynamic position integrates manufacturing, sales, and brewpub data to deliver accurate and timely reporting of financial information. The ideal candidate will ensure integrity and accuracy of data, manage day-to-day accounting activities, investigate inconsistencies or variances, track departmental budgets, and assist the CFO with management of the administrative function.
- Manage A/P and A/R invoicing, including document possession and retention, responding to vendor inquiries, and sending monthly statements to customers
- Regularly monitor email for critical business information and respond in a timely fashion
- Perform weekly data entry in bank site for vendor payments and employee reimbursements
- Review and approve bi-monthly employee expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Monitor corporate credit card accounts for valid transactions and obtain support as necessary
- Orchestrate monthly inventory count procedures, including collection and entry of spoilage, promotional mark outs, and employee benefit transactions
- Ensure proper recording of prepaids and accrued liabilities, including timely amortization of each
- Perform Account Reconciliations, investigating and correcting unreconciled items as necessary
- Maintain fixed asset detail and record monthly depreciation
- File and pay applicable local, state and federal excise, property, and sales taxes as necessary
- Ensure company compliance with GAAP and applicable regulations
- Constantly seek process improvements and foster growth inter-departmentally by collaborating to develop better processes and procedures that satisfy the needs of all affected parties
- Raise potentially systematic problems that require immediate action to the attention of the CFO
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
- CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Advanced Excel abilities
- Experience with SAP ERP, Orchestrated Beer a plus but not required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse groups and departments
- Organized and able to efficiently multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize
- Self-directed, as work can be done remotely at times
Please email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.