Compensation Type: Salaried Exempt
Direct Report: Events Director and Charlottesville General Manager
Position: Events Manager
Job Summary: The Events Manager is an experienced professional with the ability to manage administrative, planning and logistics duties in support of all public and private events at our Charlottesville Craft Kitchen and Brewery. This role will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and executing events that support the growth and engagement objectives of the organization. This individual must be highly motivated and organized people person with strong project management, administrative and event experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute all details of public and private events in the Charlottesville Craft Kitchen and Brewery.
- Adhere to annual profitability objectives by generating revenue into the restaurant through public and private events.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to clients for all events activities including contract negotiations.
- Assist the Events Director with attracting new clients, contract negotiation, client customer service, vendor relationships, and other operational needs.
- Collaborate with Culinary and Marketing departments to maximize optimal execution of public and private events while remaining within the events budget.
- Maintain events calendar and facilitate all event-related internal communication between departments.
- Provide event intake support for RVA Collab House and Valley Collab House event programs.
- Coordinate with Front of House management to ensure appropriate staffing levels for events.
- Facilitate additional needs to complete the event execution such as glassware, table settings, food setup, chairs and tables.
- Manage, monitor and attend events and assist with clean-up.
- Analyze and track all invoices, contracts, and event payments.
- Responsible for post event follow-ups and event reporting for the Events Director and Accounting departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in event planning.
- 1 year of experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Previous experience in the craft beery industry.
- Experience with restaurant management software such as Triple Seat and Toast Point of Sale.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality or related discipline.
- Front of House.
- Moderate to loud noise levels.
- Occasionally encounter extreme temperature changes.
- POS System
Little or No Travel (<10%)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be regularly required to endure on a daily basis, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, and crouching. The position also requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds or stand on a step ladder as necessary.
Three Notch’d Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Candidate must have open availability, especially for evenings and weekends.
Your application has been successfully submitted.