Tap Room Bar Captain
Sanitas Brewing Company is hiring a Tap Room Bar Captain for our brewery in Boulder Colorado. This individual is a key member of our team to help lead all components of the Tap Room. This position will report to the Tap Room Manager.
Expectations / Responsibilities
- A proxy to the Tap Room Manager
- Will be on-site when TR Manager is not
- Supervise the TR staff to ensure all SOP’s are being followed
- Make appropriate CUTS when necessary to ensure labor budget is followed while not sacrificing quality of service
- Ensuring CASH drawer and SAFE BALANCE is counted and recorded in Shiftnote. (Opening or Closing)
- General cash handling procedures to include TIPPING out Staff
- Supervise AM / PM Shift change, relay all pertinent information to incoming / outgoing Staff
- Take care of any guests relations / facility issues. (ie; guest needs to “speak to a manager”, crazy wind / weather, clogged toilets, etc.)
- Ensure that Events are carried out using the instructions given as well as ensuring that all charges and minimums are met
- Walk-through morning or evening to ensure all CLOSING / OPENING duties have been completed and CHECKLISTS were utilized
- Fill out Digital Log-Book (Shiftnote) to ensure proper tracking of balances as well as any employee issues, guest issues or alcohol incidents.
- Complete Weekly inventory of all Tap Room beer inventory
- Have a pre-existing knowledge and passion for craft beer.
- Passion for Customer Experience and a desire to learn the Sanitas Experience.
- Beer Sales/Restaurant/Retail experience of 3-5 years.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision with a focus on accountability.
- Management Experience is a must.
- Over 21 years of age.
- The willingness and desire to work odd schedules including nights and weekends.
- Must currently live in the Boulder Area or planning to relocate to the Boulder Area.
Physical Requirements :
- Candidates should be willing and able to lift at least 55 lbs and move 165 lbs kegs.
- Candidates must have the capacity to stand for long periods and the ability to carry trays with multiple beers.
Time Commitment / Compensation and Benefits :
- Full-Time : Roughly 30-35 hours per week.
- Pay : Hourly Wage of $16 / hour plus tips. *Not all hours will be tipped.
- Benefits include access to Health insurance, free beer (1 case / month of To-Go beer + unlimited Draft), discount on Sanitas Merch and local participating businesses.
We are seeking a candidate that is motivated and hungry to succeed with a small brewery with large goals. Strong candidates will be a fit with our company culture, have a work hard, play hard attitude and be motivated to grow our brand.
Sanitas Brewing Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“Our commitment is : “Do the Right Thing.” This is just one of five Core Values at Sanitas Brewing, so when we commit to the promotion of diversity and inclusion, we take it seriously. We encourage anyone and everyone to apply, knowing that we welcome, encourage, and stand in support of your unique self within our workplace.”
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.