- Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets;
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines (SOP/SOG).
- Help transport our award winning products from location to location.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Keep accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keep accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements.
- Continually maintain all beer production areas including equipment (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, and filtration, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading too brewhouse and cellar).
- Assist maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Represent Vintage Brewing Company at beer festivals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Involves frequent walking, lifting, and carrying objects weighing 50lbs routinely, occasional lifting of 100-150lbs.
- Frequent use of latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, etc., requiring manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Exposes employee to potentially minor injuries.
- Regular contact with production employees and management, as well as periodic, but consistent, customer interaction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in production and pub-style brewing.
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years of brewing experience as brewer assistant is preferred.
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21-years of age.