Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Athletic Brewing Co. is seeking a Packaging Operator who is passionate about Athletic Brewing’s brand and products and is looking for an opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of this exciting part of our business. In this role, you will be working with the Head of Packaging, packaging leads, and brewers ensuring that quality is being maintained throughout the entire packaging process and that all procedures are being followed, with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Packaging of product into cans or kegs following all standard operating procedures, while also being able to complete production adjustments based on the changing needs of the business.
- Operate all aspects of packaging including CIP, filler operation, quality checks, palletizing, and movement of finished materials.
- Obtaining the proper authorization to package a beer. Documentation of key quality parameters and verifying beer meets specifications.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment following OSHA and company guidelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot packaging equipment and communicate issues to management and maintenance department, while able to perform minor preventative and appropriate maintenance on all machinery concerning quality, safety, waste monitoring, training records, and other related maintenance as necessary.
- Train new packaging employees on proper machine operation and safety procedures.
- Communicating with management and other packaging team members on the status of packaging.
- Organize, track, and audit inventory of finished beer, cans, labels, and all other packaging supplies.
- Tracking package quality of the finished beer (dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide, total packaged oxygen, etc.)
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Other brewery-related tasks that may require assistance.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a manner that will ensure employee and team safety.
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation requirements in the food and beverage industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Organized and accurate record keeping.
- Be able to operate a forklift, or become forklift certified within 30 days with training.
- Familiar with the program NetSuite
- Familiar with equipment such as a depalletizer, an ink jetter, can line, a pasteurizer, a labeler, and a keg washer.
- 1-2 years of experience working on a bottling or canning line.
- High school Diploma/GED/Registered Equivalent
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Schedule: Monday - Friday from 3:30 pm - 12 am
- Hourly Rate: $21.50/hour - opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- Ability to work in a semi-temperature-controlled environment, handling hazardous materials and exposure to complex machinery.
- Ability to work on a ladder periodically.
- Ability to frequently lift heavy materials (up to 55 lbs.) at shoulder height.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend over, and climb ladders.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.