What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company’s Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment.
- Staging raw materials for the daily brews and dry hops.
- Operating the grain mill ensuring grist specifications are met.
- Setting up equipment for harvesting yeast, spicing tanks, and dry hopping.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks
- Maintaining fermentation and maturation flow in the Cellar
- Sensory analysis of various products.
- Operation of a 30bbl brewhouse.
- Running a GEA centrifuge for beer transfers and clarification.
- Setting up and operating filter housings for a wide variety of products.
- Performing routine data collection.
- Ensure that the cellars are clean and organized.
- Working with the packaging team, ensure adequate bright beer tank CIP, sanitization, and tank purges.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and communicate any equipment issues to the Maintenance technician or Brewery operations manager in a timely manner.
- Constantly strive for improvement by looking for ways to make things better, safer, faster or by reducing costs
- When needed, assist with accepting deliveries and other warehousing operations.
- Assist in other areas of the brewery on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- You are 21 years of age or older and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- You have experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- You have working knowledge of beer and food safety handling practices.
- You are able to stand for long periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are comfortable with occasionally squatting, crouching, bending, kneeling, twisting, and other repetitive motions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are comfortable with occasional climbing ladders and lifting up to 160 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are comfortable with operating heavy machinery, including hand pallet jacks and forklift. Forklift certification is preferred but not required.
- You are comfortable with operating a computer and or smartphone and tablet.
- You are comfortable working rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
- You are comfortable working in hot and cold temperatures and working around hazardous materials.
- You are comfortable working around noisy machinery with occasional wet conditions or uneven surfaces.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cape May Brewing Company we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.