Packaging Equipment Operator
The Packaging Equipment Operator performs the day-to-day functions of the Packaging department (bottling, canning, and racking) including, but not limited to, the operation of a variety of packaging equipment as well as maintaining clean and orderly packaging areas. This position reports to the Packaging Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES:
- Assist in completing the daily production schedule.
- Assist in the cleaning of bottling/canning/racking lines.
- Perform required adjustments and routine maintenance to packaging equipment, troubleshooting minor issues as necessary.
- Understand and conform to safety requirements, notifying supervisor of quality concerns and maintenance issues.
- Operate and perform pre-run, run, post-run, weekly duties and housekeeping on a variety of packaging equipment including, but not limited to: Bottle and Can Fillers, Racker, Labeler, Palletizer, Depalletizers, Manual case palletizing, Case erectors, Case packers, Case sealer, Tray packers, and Forklift.
- Conduct other routine tasks to keep the bottling, canning, and keg lines sanitized and in proper working order including, but not limited to: Pre-Run and Post-Run Filler Sanitation; Prepare, change over, and sanitize machines to be ready for the next shift; Repair beverage pallets; Sweep and clean area around equipment; Check for quality and accuracy of produced goods; Follow SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for each piece of equipment.
- Assist other packaging staff as needed to give breaks and fill in at other stations.
- Ensure packaging machinery are in good working order, charged (as applicable), cleaned, and ready for the next day’s operation.
- Maintain neat and orderly packaging areas, including the bottling line, canning line, racking line, and all other surrounding work areas.
- Adhere to all Summit policies, processes and standards in order to maintain a safe and welcoming work environment for self, co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Participates in brewery sensory program.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Packaging Manager and/or Chief Operating Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED required, 3-5 years manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, working overtime as needed.
- Able to stand for the length of work shift, up to eight hours.
- Able to work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Able to move up to 160 pounds with assistance.
- Able to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position eligible to participate in all company benefits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.