This job is no longer accepting applications.
This leadership role within our marketing team is charged with ensuring Ommegang’s beer business grows every day. This position is based out of Cooperstown, New York or the surrounding areas including Albany, Rochester, Syracuse or New York City and reports to the Vice President of Marketing, works closely with the entire marketing department and frequently collaborates with the sales and production teams.
The Brand Manager is ultimately responsible for driving buzz and bringing consumers into the brand. They must have excellent project management skills to drive a 360 approach across the department while personally owning the execution across 4 key areas – product strategy, earned and paid media, partnerships and programming.
The candidate is further responsible for the overall consumer experience, including Cafe Ommegang, Concerts, Tours & Events, and Mercantile.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a passion for beer, food and life
- To succeed in this role, one must have an unrelenting drive, an eye for detail, a desire to win and a good sense of humor
- Embodies our team values to think differently, goes above and beyond and constantly strives to improve
- Has strong self-awareness to understand what you don’t know and the resourcefulness to find the answers anyway
- Thrives straddling big picture, creative ideation and in-the-weeds execution
- Has experience and success in beverage, food or a relevant CPG category
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Aggressively pursue new, breakthrough ideas for driving the business
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing forth trends and data to help us define what’s next
- Contribute to/spearhead the Ommegang beer annual planning process
- Develop and execute a PR strategy, including influencer programming, including agency management
- Create national and local opportunities to develop awareness and trial to ensure the brand grows every day
- Sharpen our marketing messages and lead the charge on ensuring brand consistency and forward thinking across all channels - print, web, digital, event activations, in-store, etc.
- Development and management of the annual marketing budget
- Collaborate with our internal creative team on packaging, promotional and print materials
- Collaborate on our event and digital marketing strategies with key team members to drive greater impact
- Develop the marketing dashboard and monthly reporting across key initiatives
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to continually optimize and improve our marketing efforts
- Provide the team with market intelligence including new trends, products and competitor activities
- Responsible for the overall consumer experience, including Cafe Ommegang, Concerts, Tours & Events, and Mercantile
- Responsible for the overall supervision and leadership of staff
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant CPG marketing, sales or project management experience
- Prior hospitality experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of innovation and challenging the norm
- Ability to think strategically and translate ideas into practical execution
- Experience working in a self-motivated, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to develop and interpret spend, performance and financial reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Results-oriented and determined in the face of a challenge
- Track record of success working with large customers
- Strong alignment to Duvel USA culture and values
- Ability to collaborate and work well with management, peers and across functions
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours
- Willingness to travel 1x per month, with a good driving record
Your application has been successfully submitted.