Environmental Health and Safety Manager
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of EHS processes to ensure a safe and injury-free work environment, provide leadership and direction to ensure the complete implementation of safety and environmental programs and coordinate efforts of plant personnel for continual improvement. This position will work closely with Corporate and Plant Management to ensure regulatory compliance. This position also serves as PSM Manager for the facility and will work closely with the Corporate Office in program administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains a world class Safety Management program which includes
- All applicable OSHA mandated programs and standards.
- Assists employees with general concerns and makes recommendations to appropriate personnel to implement needed changes.
- Works with HR Training department all employees on Blues City Brewery Safety Programs.
- Prepares all regulatory submittals to government agencies.
- Reviews existing Health, Safety and Environmental policies/systems against current regulations and initiates development of new programs and revises existing ones as necessary.
- Hearing Conservation Policy.
- Confined Space Entry Practices.
- Supervises, conducts and monitors monthly departmental safety inspections.
- Implements and maintains contractor Safety Manual.
- Develops, improves and trains all departments and employees in company’s emergency response plan to include evacuation plans and procedures.
- Regulatory compliance and governmental reporting.
- Develops and Maintains company’s HAZCOM Program which includes
- Reviews and approves all chemicals utilized in the facility.
- Oversees the entry of and reviews all SDS (Safety Data Sheets) that are part of departmental Safety Manuals.
- Insures that all chemicals are properly labeled.
- Completes Tier II Chemical Inventory Report annually filed with state authorities.
- Provides or procures training resources for the following
- Sitting and Standing forklift training
- Respiratory/Air Mask training
- Confined Space Entry
- Lock out, Tag out
- Arc Flash
- OSHA training
- Responsible for Workers Compensation Claims Management to include investigations into industrial accidents and near misses. Files any necessary paperwork with the work comp carrier and monitors active and settled claims.
- Establishes and leads the plant Safety Committees.
- Ensures that plant fire extinguishers, sprinklers and alarm systems are in working order at all times.
- Coaches departmental managers, supervisors and employees with regard to occupational health and safety policy.
- Maintains inventory of first aid supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Your application has been successfully submitted.