This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Cellar Person is responsible for transferring, kegging, packaging, and otherwise caring for our beer after it has been brewed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Caring For & Transferring Beer. A critical part of the production process is caring for and transferring beer. “Caring for” includes temperature control, harvesting yeast, dry hopping, carbonating, pasteurizing, adding fruit etc. While the transfer process is simply moving beer from one tank to another, there are several steps that are important to ensure that it is done properly and sanitarily.
- Kegging & Packaging. The final step for our beer before it is sent into the world is kegging or canning. A large part of the Cellar Person’s responsibility is filling kegs and assisting in the canning line.
- Cleaning. The highest priority responsibility for this position is the cleaning of kegs. Cleaning also involves the cleaning of tanks (interior and exterior) keg washing and scrubbing tanks, as well as the floor and the general brewery area. One of our biggest challenges is keeping the brewery as clean as possible. The cleanliness of our brewery relates to the cleanliness of our beer.
- Providing operations management timely and thorough information on all irregular or critical situations.
- Communicating with operations management on equipment needs.
- Working with brewers to provide equipment recommendations.
- Brewing. The Cellar Person will support and partake in the brew process. Quality and consistency are the two main goals for our brews, so it is important that all brewers use the same processes and standards.
- Festivals/Events/Tap Room. Though Cellar Person will not be required to attend festivals or events, they are encouraged to do so. We see you as a part of our family and a representative of the brewery.
- Other duties and tasks that may be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical/Professional Knowledge:
- Accepts responsibility for projects and meeting deadlines, assists in establishing project schedules and setting priorities. Able to effectively handle pressure situations.
- Uses established processes, equipment and/or programs to complete job tasks, recommends process improvements/solutions, and audits, controls, maintains or modifies processes and procedures in one’s discipline.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communications including persuasive and effective writing skills.
- Helps to ensure company compliance with federal and state laws and statutes, as well as company policies and plan administration.
- Level of professional expertise elicits respect and confidence from work group.
The Cellar Person should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision Making/Analysis: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. Independent problem solver.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Help determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Knowledge of Jackalope Brewing Company:
- Develop thorough knowledge of the structure and culture of Jackalope Brewing Company and establishes contacts/relationships within the enterprise that most frequently relate to area of expertise.
- Possess thorough knowledge of company operating policies and compliance regulations.
- Understand goals for the production as they relate to other aspects of the brewery.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Jackalope Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.