Marketing Operations Manager
Hours: 45 – 50 hrs/wk average annually, regular travel required
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership, AD&D, Life Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, group rate Pet Insurance, employment perks, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Marketing Operations Manager’s main objective is to coordinate all marketing operations at Alaskan Brewing Company, driving revenue through marketing and support programs. This position plays a critical role in maintaining the depth and continuity of brand authenticity and excellence throughout the brewery’s marketing endeavors. The general responsibilities include:
- Developing, leading, and supervising the Marketing team
- Developing and executing the Marketing Department’s strategic plan
- Guiding market strategies nationally and potentially internationally
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining a media and communications engagement strategy
- Leading and managing development of all marketing materials
- Developing RFP’s, contracts, and partnerships with cross-merchandising organizations
- Creating sales tools and pitches for national chain buyers, independent stores, and individual distributor partners
- Collaborating with marketing departments of larger distributor partners
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, this person works as the team leader and direct supervisor of the Marketing Department, working with local and remote team members, executives, brand partners, and customers. Skills and experience required for success in this position include:
- Passion for Alaska and the craft beverage industry
- Minimum of 3+ years in marketing management or project management
- Minimum of 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Proficiency in leadership
- Proficiency in current knowledgebase and data tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications and data analytic skills
- Confident and capable public speaker
- Contractual negotiation skills
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.