Maintenance Technician - Machinery
Hours: Full-time, 40hrs/wk, Day, Swing, Grave shifts, occasional overtime, some on call
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership, AD&D, Life Insurance, identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, group rate Pet Insurance, employment perks, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibilities are upkeep, documentation, diagnostics, repair, and maintenance of production equipment. Equipment and systems include:
- Brewing equipment, silos, and conveyors
- Bottling, canning, kegging, and mixed pack lines
- Grain dryer
- Boilers and steam supply for equipment
- Filtration equipment (centrifuges/DE filter)
- CO2 plant
- Electrical repairs (unless facility related)
- Biomass Boiler
- PLC’s, controls, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Boilers and pressure vessels
- Welding and fabrication as needed
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this person works as part of an internal support team to ensure that all production equipment is maintained and repaired to specification with due regard to production operations. General knowledge and skills needed for the position include:
- Strong mechanical repair background and skills
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions (cold, hot, steamy)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift and maneuver heavy objects such as parts, motors, and hoses
- Ability to drive a forklift and handle heavy objects safely
- Ability to maintain both manual and computerized paperwork and data entry logs
- Ability to troubleshoot in an expedient manner to lessen down time
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.