Quality Assurance Analyst
Hours: 40 hrs/wk, some overtime required as needed, Day, Swing and Grave shifts
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership, AD&D, Life Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, group rate Pet Insurance, employment perks, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Quality Assurance Analyst's primary role is to test and analyze products throughout the brewing process, to ensure consistent production of craft beverages and drive process efficiency and improvement. General responsibilities include:
- Using critical thinking, scientific methodology, and data analysis to inform the quality assurance process
- Performing physical, gravimetric, and quantitative tests, microbiological sampling, plating, PCR analysis, statistical analysis, and results reporting
- Inspecting raw materials
- Maintaining lab equipment, cleanliness, and inventories
- Educating employees on quality initiatives and processes, sanitation, and prevention measures
- Assisting in development, set-up, performance, and analysis of product taste panels
- Assisting with projects and research
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, this person is part of the brewery’s internal support team, engaging with members of the QA department and the production team on a regular basis. General knowledge and skills for this position include:
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for, premium quality craft beverages
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science preferred
- Laboratory experience, including bench chemistry, aseptic technique, and scientific methodology
- Comprehension of brewing and fermentation theory and practice
- Strong working knowledge and experience with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and statistical software packages
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills
- Working knowledge of quality assurance systems (i.e., HACCP), process controls, and compliance measures preferred
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.