SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Coordinate the releases of direct materials, packaging, and various other components to the production facility based upon the MRP schedule. Perform system maintenance activities associated with the current MRP system including closing production orders. Establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify user requirements and quantities of all direct materials, packaging and other components based upon requirements generated by MRP schedule. Accurately & timely enter data into the system.
- Perform MRP system maintenance activities including closing production orders, monthly inventory counts and variance reports, etc.
- Complete vendor research and solicit competitive bids on key components as directed.
- Coordinate delivery of materials to ensure internal customer needs are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with Suppliers to build a constructive working relationship.
- Strive for the achievement of Individual, Department, and Lion Brewery goals.
- Collaborate with all functions (Sales, Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Finance, etc.) to ensure that their production objectives are met.
- Maintain adherence to company policies and procedures related to Procurement, Employee Relations and Employee Conduct
- Demonstrate the company values in your everyday actions at work.
- Adhere to plant policies on Safety and GMP’s. Helps to maintain safety program to minimize accidents and injuries and to ensure a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties and assignments as defined by your supervisor.
- Create training documents and update or create operating procedures.
- Practice total material ownership: forecasting, purchasing, inventory control, counting, variance reporting and investigation, material defect review, new material implementation or change, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be experienced working with computers and have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload while maintaining a strong attention to details. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field. 2 to 5 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency with a recognized ERP system preferred (Ex. SAP ERP).
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and production area. Position requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. Production and Warehouse areas have a temperature of approximately 35 - 80° F. Noise level in the production environment may require use of hearing protection. Requires the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.