Quality Assurance Specialist
About the Role
Provides quality services and technical support to our 24-7 brewing and packaging operations.
What You'll Do
- Data analysis for the brewing, packaging, or sensory.
- Reviews quality data and helps make recommendations to address situation
- Audits quality data for completeness against sampling program
- Helps monitor supplier quality with departments and supply chain, as needed.
- Audits quarantined raw materials or product.
- Work with operations, supply chain, and/or procurement to resolve material or process issues.
- Visits supplier sites to audit quality programs and production process, as needed.
- Educates group on quality issues and defects, brewing and packaging processes, quality procedures and/or sensory procedures.
- Maintains and ensures all inline, online and laboratory quality inspection equipment to be operating correctly and educates staff on proper function of instrumentation.
- Ensure compliance with food safety program.
- Active participant in sensory panel.
- All duties of a quality technician.
- Adhere to all safety standards set by Lagunitas and OSHA. Actively participate in safety meetings, audits, and good catch program.
- Other tasks as required by manager.
What We're Lookin' For
- B.S. in science discipline, Food/Agriculture, or Brewing is preferred. A combination of education and experience with the ability to display proficiency as a Quality Technician in a brewery will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years quality laboratory experience, preferably in food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Experience in both packaging and brewing quality is a plus.
- Understanding of brewing science and beer packaging operations, GCB or GCP a plus
- Willingness to work in a shift environment to support a 24/7 operation. Weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed.
- Experience with inline, handheld and bench top oxygen measuring instrumentation, inline fill level monitoring equipment, UV/VIS spectrophotometer, Alcolyzer, PCR, Haze meter, portable gas measuring devices, GC experience a plus
- Proficient with aseptic microbiological techniques and bacterial / yeast identification
- Proven team player with strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, self-management and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of GMP, TTB legislation, sanitation and safety needs in a brewing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Reports directly to the Quality Manager.
- Frequent interaction with packaging, maintenance and brewing management.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs. and move 165 lb. kegs of beer.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend repeatedly throughout shift.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, overtime as necessary, & holidays and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Come as You Are
At Lagunitas, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, has a home here. Love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beer Speaks. People Mumble.