Lead Packaging Operator (Graveyard shift) for Bear Republic Brewing Co, Cloverdale CA
Bear Republic Brewing Company is in search of an experienced Lead Packaging Operator to work the OVERNIGHT (8:00pm to 4:30am) who is a self-motivated individual with a "get it done" attitude. This position is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and operating our packaging equipment. The perfect new team member will have production/manufacturing experience, ability to drive a forklift, and an aptitude for trouble shooting basic mechanical systems and will work under the direction of the Packaging Manager in a peer leadership roll.
Please Apply on our website at: https://bearrepublic.com/pages/job-openings
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Overnight Lead Operator’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Focus on preparing equipment and staging production materials for next shift.
- Performing and overseeing set-up, sanitation, operation, quality control, change overs, and routine maintenance of bottling, canning, and kegging lines and supporting equipment/systems.
- Ability to run & test kegging, canning and bottling operations and ensures adherence to packaging schedule.
- Completing production quality control logs & production reports including shift recaps.
- Performing inventory counts.
- Follows company and OSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick leave
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision and life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with beverage packaging equipment and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Commitment to safety and high production and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrates proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Basic computer literacy.
- Accurate record keeping and data entry skills.
- Ability to give and take written and verbal direction in a team environment, while managing priorities and workflow.
- Able to drive a forklift following company provided training & certification.
- An aptitude for troubleshooting basic mechanical & electrical systems preferred.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be over 21 years of age (for Quality Control).
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; safely lift and move 50 – 75 lbs. regularly; walk, kneel, bend, stand, and climb stairs; and utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This is a fast-paced environment and the noise level is usually moderate to high. Work environment can be cold, hot, wet and noisy.
Bear Republic Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.