Upslope Brewing Company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Through investment in our employees, continuous process improvement, and a focus on innovation, we aim to deliver a high-quality product, while prioritizing environmental stewardship and inclusion in our operations, brand, and partnerships.
The Shift Brewer position operates on a shift rotation and is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, finishing, and sensory evaluation for Upslope's craft beer and hard seltzer portfolio. The role requires a teamwork-oriented, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry.
For more information, please visit our jobs page at: https://www.upslopebrewing.com/jobs/.
Job Responsibilities - Shift Brewer:
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety protocols.
- Wort production on 30 BBL, 4 vessel brewhouse.
- Occasional operation of Alfa Laval Brew 250 Centrifuge, lenticular filter, and 60x60 plate and frame filter.
- Fermenter and Brite Tank CIP, SIP.
- Operation of Brewer’s Dashboard fermentation control software.
- Cellar monitoring, yeast handling, and pitching.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Proper documentation of all tasks performed.
- Adhering to the master sanitation schedule standards of Upslope Brewing Co.
- Brewing, cellar, CIP, barrel racking, and special project activities at Lee Hill R&D location.
- Monday - Friday, 1 month rotation between 3 different shifts.
- 1st shift - 06:00 - 14:30, 2nd shift - 14:00 - 22:30, 3rd shift - 22:00 - 06:30* Periodic work at the Lee Hill R&D brewery is required.
*3rd shift does not have a pay differential, but only four work days a week are required
Compensation, Benefits & Culture:
- Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation.
- It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission.
- We work for beer, but get paid in dollars.
The compensation Package includes:
- Starting salary range: $41,000-$43,000 per year.
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays, and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30 days after employment.
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30 days after employment.
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one.
- Free RTD EcoPass.
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts.
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- And many more!
- A desire to contribute to a strong company culture that prioritizes employee well-being and environmental sustainability.
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem-solving, and math skills.
- Flexibility, good communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shift availability, Monday - Friday.
Desired/Preferred, but Not Required:
- Educational background in brewing or related areas.
- Professional brewing experience at a 5,000+ BBL/year brewery.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Sensory evaluation experience, BJCP/Cicerone certifications.
Still Apply If…
- You don’t have an educational background in brewing. We will work with anyone willing to learn.
- Your brewing experience doesn’t line up with our preferred specifications. Important experience can be developed on the job.
- You’ve never operated a forklift. We have a training program that will teach you how to operate a forklift effectively and safely.
- You have limited sensory evaluation experience. Our QA/QC program works on sensory every day and will be a great resource for training in this area.
At Upslope, we’re committed to building justice, equity, and inclusion in every aspect of our company. Our goal is to create the ultimate culture of belonging for everyone, regardless of your craft beer knowledge or the number of powder days you crushed this season. We value what makes you unique and want to ensure that you feel encouraged and welcomed to apply, work, and Après Everything™ at Upslope.
Upslope is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, promote, course-correct, and terminate based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any protected status, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, veteran status, medical condition (including pregnancy and genetic information) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and criminal history (as our licenses allow.)
Shift Brewer at a BCorp in Colorful Colorado