WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer - but more importantly - to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Taproom Manager is a highly motivated hospitality-driven leader that manages all front of house and back of house responsibilities related to the operations of the Taproom. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck. Additionally, the Taproom Manager will:
- Influence others inside and outside of the organization to motivate, develop, establish a high degree of optimism, and use a persuasive "selling" communication style.
- Be comfortable with routine or repetitive activities, but also is responsive to considerable interactions and disruption.
- Be attentive and responsive to the emotional needs of others but keeps an eye on the objective needs of the situation.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES IN ORDER OF PRIORITY AND PROJECTED TIME ALLOCATION:
- 40% - Leading, developing, and coaching a team that is growth oriented, engaged, and connected.
- 30% - Developing and executing operational and financial plans that achieve identified financial, sustainability, and consumer experience goals.
- 20% - Clearly and regularly communicating with management, staff, and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient information flow and positive relationships.
Note: Ten percent of time is reserved for ancillary responsibilities and activities unrelated to the key performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures Taproom facilities are fully functioning on a daily basis, reporting issues that require attention to General Manager.
- Opening and closing the Taproom on both weekdays and weekends as scheduling dictates.
- Participates in all Taproom personnel matters, including hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, and coaching.
- Acts as point person on-site for all performers, vendors, and staff during Taproom events.
- Conducts regular inventory counts to track and forecast supply needs, including glassware, cleaning supplies, gift cards, and retail items.
- Manages all cash handling, cash deposits, and counting and distributing tips while on duty.
- Ensure all Taproom employees have competed assigned safety training and they always operate in a safe manner, being vigilant of any potential safety concerns.
- Ensures that the cleanliness of the Taproom and the safety of guests are maintained at all times.
- Partners with Sales team and General Manager to schedule and deliver VIP hospitality tours and visits.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Manages through a “hands on” approach. This includes but is not limited to non-scheduled assistance with bartending, retail, bar backing, and security.
- Create an engaging and energetic environment where all employees work as a team to provide a specific and consistent experience for all guests.
- Work as a floor manager during assigned shifts to support service staff and ensure the highest levels of quality and service. Visit tables and interact with guests, monitors proper front door procedures, seating, and greeting; results in effective control of the flow of our guests. Resolve employee and/or guest conflict through service recovery and implement change under direction of MadTree management when necessary.
- Work closely with the Private Events team to ensure successful day-to-day operations of events.
- Leader in continuous improvement efforts. Shares with managers and co-workers, ideas, feedback, and suggestions from guests, staff, and their own observations.
- Enthusiastically spends a minimum of 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- 2+ years of professional restaurant/brewery taproom management or related experience.
- Must possess or obtain ServSafe Alcohol certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Must possess or obtain Cicerone Level 1 certification within first 90 days of employment.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed; typically, 50-55 hours per week.
- Extremely positive, friendly, service-orientated attitude to be in the service of guests and staff at all times.
- Be an avid MadTree ambassador, embodying the purpose, vision, and behaviors at all times.
- Accountable at all times for personal safety as well as the safety of those around them.
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Effective and frequent communication with management and support staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Pride in the challenges and rewards of sharing beer with the masses.
- Familiarity with process of craft brewing.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 165 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a restaurant or bar.
- The employee occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.