Private Events Captain
The MadTree Private Events team needs some full-time help! Do you love planning and executing events starting from the event space setup all the way to the breakdown and everything in between? Are you someone that is energized by exceeding expectations and delivering memorable experiences? You should apply for the Private Events Captain position!
Pay starts at $17.00-$19.00/hour and includes healthcare benefits, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and a retirement plan match that begins immediately! Must have availability to regularly work nights and weekends.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like subsidized health insurance, a retirement plan with a match that begins day one, profit sharing, paid time off, and many other great perks.
POSITION: Private Events Captain
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH (Oakley)
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer - but more importantly - to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Private Events Captain assists the Private Events Manager in event sales, preps for events, and is the manager on duty for all private events all while providing an elevated experience to guests. The work contributes to MadTree’s purpose to cultivate a love of craft, mission to be the most respected brewery in the region, and aligns with the core values -- fun, integrity, sustainability, creativity, quality, leadership, community, and transparency. The Private Event Coordinator will:
- Be an outgoing and persuasive individual who is very comfortable meeting new people.
- Set a motivational tone and establish a high degree of optimism focused on the people in the work environment.
- Execute a strong attention to the details and specifics of the work assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Private Events Manager with event sales, client communications, and event detailing.
- Event space setup and breakdown including, but not limited to: tables, chairs, kegerator, linens, and other miscellaneous rental placement.
- Event space kegerator maintenance including, but not limited to: stocking kegs, cleaning inside/outside, cleaning kegerator lines.
- Occasionally conducts tours of the event facility and exposes clients to facility and services; entertains qualified potential clients.
- Provide event day coverage as Manager on Duty to serve as the main point of contact for clients. Supervise internal departments and vendors to ensure all objectives are met and ensure that all stakeholders are satisfied, handling guest issues, maintenance issues, etc.
- Day-of event execution and management of private events ranging in scale from corporate breakfast meetings to weddings.
- Manage the Private Event spaces to ensure they are in good condition, clean, and organized.
- Review event booking documents at the beginning of each shift to ensure room is set-up correctly, AV is set-up, rental fees are added to POS, signage is in place, and event staff is made aware of all event details and timelines.
- Maintain communication with event contact(s), caterer(s), and event bar staff throughout the event and act as a resource in the event of any needs, questions, or emergencies.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from event contact(s), guests, caterers, or event bar staff to the Private Events Manager.
- Monitor and manage HVAC schedules for event spaces.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Tourism, or Business with 1-2 years of event experience required.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Comfort with multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with a limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Google and/or Microsoft Office applications; project management tools.
- Valid driver's license with active auto insurance, safe driving record, and reliable vehicle; comfort with regular auto travel.
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 165 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of an office and a brewery.
- The employee occasionally works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.