Bottle/Barrel Program Cellar Person
Equilibrium Brewing is looking for an experienced Cellar Person to join the production team and assist with adjuncts and bottling for Equilibrium’s stout, farmhouse, barrel aging, and foeder programs. This position calls for a motivated, autonomous worker with great attention to detail to thoroughly perform all cellar duties to Equilibrium’s high-quality standards.
Reports to: Head Brewer
- CIP fermentation vessels, BBTs, transfer lines, etc.
- Sanitary transfers.
- Production and Packaging Bottle Supply Chain.
- Adjunct Stouts, Fruit and Dry Hop Farmhouses.
- Prepare, fill, and maintain barrels/foeders.
- Sensory evaluation and record-keeping.
- Bottle Stouts and Farmhouses.
- Pasteurize Stout Bottles.
- Wax Stout and Farmhouse bottles as needed.
- Beer carbonation.
- Monitor and document temperatures, pressures, beer gravity and pH.
- QC/QA protocols in the cellar. Strict adherence to QA/QC documentation practices.
- SOP creation and follow-through.
- Safe forklift operation.
- Follow strict safety standards.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum of two-year experience as a Cellar Person at a medium sized production brewery or packaging brewpub.
- Experience producing mixed fermentation and barrel aged beers.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of sour beer production.
- Formal brewing education is preferred but not required.
- Sufficient computer literacy, writing and math skills necessary to accurately document data collection worksheets.
- Ability to lift large, heavy items.
- Ability to stand for prolonged amounts of time.
- Ability to safely handle hazardous chemicals in accordance with strict safety protocols.
- Have a passion for quality beer and workmanship
- Health, dental and vision plan available after 30 days of employment.
- Simple IRA with 3% company match.
- PTO program.
If you are passionate about making great beer, please apply! E-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.