Tasting Room Server
Alesong Brewing and Blending is a boutique, artisan brewery specializing in barrel-aged and Belgian-inspired beers located in a scenic wine country location roughly 20 miles Southwest of Eugene with a second tasting room at the 5th street public market and additional production and office facilities in West Eugene. Founded in 2015, we have been fortunate enough to receive a number of awards and recognitions including medals at the Great American Beer Festival, the Best of Craft Beer Awards, and the Oregon Beer Awards. We were recently named small brewery of the year at the 2021 Oregon Beer Awards.
Currently managed and staffed by a small team of 12, we are seeking to hire a talented and enthusiastic person to join our tasting room staff immediately as a weekend part time beer educator and server through the summer. This position will often represent the first impression we make on our customers and is therefore very important for our brand.
As a primary focus, this person will work with the rest of the Alesong tasting room staff to provide our customers and club members a welcoming, educational and memorable experience. This will include educating them on Alesong – our beers, unique processes, club membership, etc. – all while providing warm and friendly service. Tasting room roles include hosting, serving, bussing, bartending and food prep and are all shared and rotated among staff and throughout shifts.
- Work in all front of house roles at both Alesong’s tasting rooms, a casual table service environment
- Host – greeting and seating customers, introducing them to Alesong and our story
- Server/busser – educating customers on our beer and our story, taking and delivering orders for food and drinks, bussing and sanitizing tables between customers
- Bartender/food prep – pouring beers and other beverages, preparation of Alesong’s light food menu
- Provide a consistent and pleasant customer experience
- Educate customers on our club and assist with sign-ups
- Respond to basic club member questions and customer support requests
- Represent Alesong at member events, both at the tasting room and remote sites
- Assist in daily tasting room duties including opening and closing, restocking, cleaning, etc.
- Passion for craft beer and customer service
- Professional, warm, and welcoming personal presentation
- Self-motivated and able to act independently
- Team player enthusiastic about working together to grow a small company
- Availability to work most weekends and some holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift cases/kegs weighing up to 50 lbs
- Experience working as a server, ideally in a table service environment
- Knowledge of beer and beer-making process
- OLCC Servers Permit
Reports to: Tasting room lead
Schedule: Regular Sat/Sun shifts plus potential for more hours as a fill-in for other employees
Compensation: $12.75 / hr (plus tips & bonuses), $100 monthly tasting room credit & beer benefits at releases
Desired Start date: ASAP
Submit cover letter and resume to: Jobs@alesongbrewing.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.