Food Safety & QA Document Coordinator
Purpose: Manages, maintains, and helps develop and facilitate changes to Brew Dr. Kombucha’s food safety and quality procedures.
Reports to: Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
- Manage, maintain, and improve Document Control System. Issue and distribute documents and updates. Create, edit, revise and review specifications, procedures, instructions and forms in collaboration with document users, or subject matter experts, as necessary; may shadow and interview personnel in work environment to create or revise documentation.
- Stay current on regulatory policies, directives and notices. Make necessary modifications to FSMA-related programs to reflect changes in processes and regulations.
- Liaise with certifiers to maintain required approvals and documentation. Maintain Label Approval Program and Chemical Verification Program.
- Maintain Corrective Action System. Follow up on corrective actions to ensure implementation and proper documentation.
- Maintain and monitor document review schedule and notify personnel when reviews are due or delinquent. Review and issue final audit reports.
- Ensure that required supplier documentation is kept current. Work with supply chain to request required documentation from suppliers per scheduled frequency. Collect and store supplier documentation and update Approved Supplier List as necessary.
- Maintain and improve employee training material. Coordinate with all departments to ensure employee training and documentation regarding the principles and practices of FSMA, SSOP, GMPs, allergens, food defense, defined regulatory prerequisite programs, and certification programs.
- Maintain consumer complaint, pre-shipment review, non-conforming product and pest control logs. Provide written or verbal reports on emerging trends.
- Review and verify Brew Dr. Kombucha’s food safety and quality assurance records.
- Assist other departments with customer-requested questionnaires and other food safety and quality technical documents.
- Acts as back-up to Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager for key food safety functions.
The Basics for the Position:
- Ability to maintain an organized and efficient work flow while demonstrating a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and complete ongoing tasks assigned by Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and composition, including use of proper grammar and logical/attractive spatial design of forms, reports, charts and flow diagrams. Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of the organization.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and safely in a production and/or lab environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Candidate should have:
- Understanding of formal quality management system requirements
- Intermediate technical writing and MS Word or Google Platform experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred (Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline).
- Preference given for experience in food/beverage manufacturing environment.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift - lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
Your application has been successfully submitted.