Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is located at Otter Creek Brewery in Middlebury, VT
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for analyzing all beer samples taken throughout the brewery as well as performing routine wastewater tasks. Responsibilities include analyzing lab results, generating reports, tracking laboratory inventory, analyzing raw ingredients, controlling documents, preparing differential media plates, managing yeast, and adhering to SHARP and HACCP requirements. The Quality Assurance Technician is also required to maintain and monitor all metrology needs including PRV’s, gauges, zahms, turbidity meters, and orbispheres.
- Microbiological/chemistry sampling: collecting samples, plating samples, analyzing results, preparing media plates, generating reports, maintaining archive samples, and ordering supplies.
- Wastewater management & production line support
- Metrology, raw ingredient analysis, and water quality monitoring.
- Laboratory housekeeping: Follow standard laboratory maintenance procedures, archive samples, rotate inventory, maintain a clean work environment.
- Position reports to Quality Assurance Manager
- Works closely with the brewing team regarding document control, sanitation, and yeast management.
- Works closely with the packaging team regarding archive sample collection, document control, and sanitation
- Works closely with other members of the quality team on a daily basis.
- Work and communicate with laboratory supply vendors to maintain appropriate inventories.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree in food science, chemistry, or biological sciences. Computer proficiency including basic MS Office programs.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills, willingness to learn, ability to work in a fast paced environment, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. A strong knowledge of microbiology and food plant sanitation is desired.
- Four year degree and previous beverage plant experience preferred.
This is a permanent, full time position with benefits eligibility after an initial waiting period. Benefits include health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, holidays, uniforms, PPE, safety training, and product discounts during normal operation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.