Accounting Specialist (A/R-A/P)
Do you love processes, staying organized, and being detail oriented? Check out our Accounting Specialist role at Revolution Brewing! In this role you’re responsible for the accounts receivables and payables functions for all locations and departments. You’ll manage workflows and data entry, which will be easy with your high level of accuracy for input and processing. Additionally, you’ll communicate with department leaders and external contacts to resolve discrepancies swiftly, using your excellent follow-up skills to maintain terrific working relationships with all parties.
Your ability to stay focused on tasks and schedules and taking ownership of your responsibilities will be the driving factors in your success. On a daily/weekly/monthly basis you will:
- Create purchase orders, initiate and review workflows, and enter those approved invoices into our accounting system.
- Prepare and initiate weekly outgoing payments.
- Process distributor invoices and returns.
- Manage incoming payments by initiating incoming ACH transactions, depositing checks, and processing incoming payments in our accounting system.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements to identify any errors or omissions.
You’ll also work with the team to assist with the month-end closing process and perform periodic account reconciliations. Because of your attention to detail, you’ll know the processes and can contribute to the creation and updating of standard operating procedures, leaving your stamp on the role. Finally, you’ll also prepare reports, assist with projects, and perform backup duties, as required.
Why you’re qualified:
- 2+ years of accounting experience and minimum Associate’s degree, or similar combination of experience and education.
- 1+ years previous experience in data entry of invoices or similar accounts payable duties is preferred.
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Proficiency in SAP (OBeer), Microsoft Office and GSuite products is a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.