Established in 1998, Ithaca Beer Co. is known for creating inspiring artisanal beers that expand limits and continuously exceed expectations. Our business practices are driven by a commitment to customer satisfaction, environmental stewardship, employee fulfillment, and leadership in the craft brewing industry. Passionate people, and simply better beer make up “The Spirit of the Finger Lakes”™
Ithaca Beer Co. is looking for enthusiastic, experienced, team oriented individual to join the brewing department:
Position Overview: Brewer
The Ithaca Beer Co. brewer reports directly to the Head of Brewing Operations and is responsible for monitoring and carrying out brewhouse operations. The position is also asked and encouraged to learn and take on the responsibility for various cellar and quality operations, in addition to the primary duties of brewer. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high degree of motivation, accept responsibility for process outcomes, as well as, show flexibility to work shifts and weekends outside of their primary schedule.
- Daily wort production of the 50 bbl brewing operations.
- Participation in cellar, yeast management, and quality control tasks.
- Comply with all brewing and quality assurance operations, policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with all members of the brewing and quality teams.
- In the event of process irregularities, demonstrate an ability to take decisive action that leads to resolution, while abiding by sound brewing principles.
- Supporting and promoting Ithaca Beer Co. core values and purpose.
- 1-3 years of experience in a production brewery, producing a minimum 5,000 bbls per year.
- College education or equivalent trade school / military, (Concentrations in brewing, food processing, mathematics or engineering is preferred)
- Mechanical know-how and savvy.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel) as well as Google applications.
- Friendly, positive, confident and engaging attitude.
- Keen understanding of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Demonstrated safe working habits, and ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs continuously for durations up to a ½ hour.
- Hourly wage based on experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Food and beverage discounts.
- Opportunities to attend industry based events and professional development.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401k retirement plan
You must be 21+ years old to work at Ithaca Beer Company, Inc.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to https://www.ithacabeer.com/employment/.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.