Front of House Manager
Tampa Bay Brewing Company is seeking a talented, professional individual to join the management team of our restaurant in Westchase as our Front of House Manager.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for all aspects of operations and management of Front of House operations in the restaurant. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, hiring, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in brand development, sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, cleanliness, and sanitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all beer, food, and other products are consistently served according to the brewpub’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with brewpub policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions under the direction of the owner.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required employee paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the brewpub’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that brewpub policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
Be knowledgeable of brewery policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies and procedures.
Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the brewery employees and guests.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to communicate and understand the English language.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least five years of front-of- the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Have a working knowledge of the brewing process and a basic understanding of beer.
- Possess excellent industry standard math skills and have ability to operate the company POS system.
- Possess excellent skills in electronic communication systems and office management software including: MS Word, MS Excel, and the like.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
Your application has been successfully submitted.