This job is no longer accepting applications.
Buoy Beer Company is seeking to add an enthusiastic member to our Packaging Operations Team (F/T). This position will report to the Packaging Manager and work closely with both the packaging and brewing teams.
Job Duties include (but not limited to):
- Ability to work well as a part of the team and independently.
- Perform duties on our canning and bottling line safely and with attention to detail.
- Move, clean, and fill kegs according to procedure.
- Willing to learn and help coworkers throughout the Production area.
- Ability and willingness to learn about the equipment and basic maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 18+ years old.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Great attention to detail and able to get the big picture.
- Manual dexterity, spatial insight and strong math skills.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Warehouse and/or forklift experience desired.
- Live by the “Safety First” rule.
- Must be able to perform physical work, including prolonged standing, pushing, pulling, bending, lifting and moving (packages/kegs up to 170 lbs.). Repeated lifting and moving of 10 lbs+.
- Must be comfortable working in loud/warm/cold/confined/ and elevated spaces.
• Take pride in our sustainable practices (recycling, waste reduction, etc.)
- Treat teammates with respect at all times
- Passionate about your work and our community
- Interest in craft beer and the brewing process is greatly appreciated!
- Starting pay: DOE
- 100% employer-paid base health insurance with additional electives
- Participation in the Company’s Retirement Plan with match
- Paid holidays, plus 80 PTO hours per year (pro-rated in year 1), which increases the longer you’re with us
- Work gear stipend
- Beer and food perks
- Access to our EAP and Financial Fitness tools
We’re continuing to expand here at Buoy Beer Company and are looking for talented and hardworking people to grow with us. The brewery/ restaurant is in Astoria, Oregon, in the Columbia River (literally on a dock in the river) at the mouth of the Pacific Ocean. Over the last few years we’ve quickly become known for our dedication to traditionally made European Lagers, as well as our NW inspired Ales.
The Packaging Operator will be part of our Brewery Production team, with opportunity to learn and grow. You’ve got to be able to enjoy life with us, but also work hard in what has been a constantly evolving business. We care greatly about our company, respect our people, community and the planet we share.
Buoy Beer Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Check us out on social media (@buoybeer) and our website (buoybeer.com) to find out a bit more about us. If you’re interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Jobs@buoybeer.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.