This job is no longer accepting applications.
River Barrel Brewing (Buoy Beer & Pilot House Distilling) is looking for a HR Coordinator to join our team. This role will support core HR initiatives and activities and report to our HR Manager. You'll help ensure that we have seamless people-related operational and administrative processes, giving you exposure to many areas of HR with opportunities to get involved in a wide range of projects. We are looking for someone who treats each employee with respect and empathy and is willing to adapt and grow with the role as it evolves over time.
- Act as first point of contact and research/respond to employee inquiries related to benefits, payroll, compensation, and HR related policies
- Process bi-weekly payroll and ensure employees’ worked time, reimbursements, contributions and other benefit transactions are processed accurately
- Responsible for I-9 verifications/ E-verify checks for new employees, update re-hire I-9’s and ensure documentation is always complete and in compliance
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions (MODA/ Aflac/ COBRA)
- Provide support to our people throughout the employee lifecycle from onboarding, transfers, performance cycles and critical moments, through departure
- Maintain employee data in PaychexFlex, Box, and other systems, including entering new hire information, updating organizational charts, job titles, pay changes etc.
- Support Leaves of Absence processes. Responsible for providing paperwork to the employee, filing claims, and tracking time off due to all leaves including but not limited to: FMLA/OFLA, Personal Leave, Workers Compensation, and Disability.
- Take on the role of Safety Coordinator for the Company, which include preparing, running, and documenting the monthly meeting, preventing and following up on accidents, ensuring employees receive proper training, maintain licensing documentation, and prepare necessary reporting (OSHA, SAIF)
- Coordinate, communicate, and assist in honoring employee birthdays and anniversaries.
- Continually keep HR documentation up to date (SOP, Job Postings, etc.)
- Assist with ongoing departmental needs and support the implementation of HR initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field with 2 years experience in HR or relevant employee-facing role preferred
- Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment and professionalism
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented and follow-through skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Works through ambiguity by anticipating needs and being proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Curious self-starter with as passion for providing a high quality employee experience
- Treat all co-workers with great respect at all times
- Take ownership and share our passion for sustainability practices
- Experience with PaychexFlex for Payroll, HR and Retirement Services, Hiring, and Training a huge plus
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Familiar with Cloud based tools, including Box and OneDrive/ Sharepoint
- Able to spend most of the workday at a desk, working on a computer/ laptop
- Comfortable moving through and working in/ near loud, crowded, hot, cold and wet work environments
- Comfortable with having the office German Shepherd around
Your application has been successfully submitted.