District Sales Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents Glazer’s Beer & Beverage in a professional Manner
- Ensures the attainment of sales goals through the regular evaluation of store conditions, sales team execution, distribution, and voids in present sales/service levels.
- Supervises Sales Representatives to ensure maximum sales/profits from assigned accounts. Coaches, directs, counsels Sales Representatives on overall performance. Defines expectations and monitors progress.
- Conducts team meetings with Sales Representatives. Introduces new products, services, and policies. Advises Sales Representatives of new promotions/programs. Provides summary of current/projected sales activity for assigned territory.
- Works with Sales Representatives a minimum of three (3) days per week making customer calls and implementing territory improvement plans. Conducts field training and instructs Sales Representatives in applications of selling-tools.
- Identifies opportunities for Sales Representative development, training, and performance improvement.
- Conducts required Glazer’s Account Management Excellence (G.A.M.E.) surveys, and quality assurance surveys, and quarterly work-with assessments as assigned.
- Capable of using Microsoft applications including Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Capable of using, or learning to use, company sales reporting and route accounting software.
- Provides sales reports and analysis utilizing company provided reporting systems and software.
- Participates in the recruitment of new Sales Representatives. Proposes selection and hiring of new Sales Representatives.
- Extensive travel (60% - 75%) by automobile. From time to time may involve driving distances of up to 200 miles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent there of in related experience.
- 3 years relevant sales experience
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
- Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills. Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Will occasionally involve weekend and evening activities with suppliers and retailers.
- 3 years field experience in sales alcoholic beverages or grocery industry strongly preferred.
- Physical demands with a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with an occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases and stand for extended periods of time.
- This does not reflect the full extent of the physical requirements. For further detail please visit SharePoint site under HR resources for a detailed look at the physical requirements
Your application has been successfully submitted.