Social Media Manager
Flying Dog, the state of Maryland’s largest brewery, is looking for a Social Media Manager who will be an integral part of spreading the gospel of Gonzo to the far reaches of the interwebs. Are you a master of memes with a sharp sense of humor, eye for epic images and deep love for delicious craft beer? Then read on to learn how to become a part of our disobedient team of craft beer marketing ninjas.
- The Social Media Manager will work within our marketing team to create and execute social media strategies on behalf of the brewery which will include maintaining an editorial calendar, creating original content, developing customer engagement strategies, coordinating product placement with influencers, ad creation/evaluation and more. This position’s ultimate goals will be to increase awareness of Flying Dog’s high-quality products and unique history, grow the brewery’s online presence through authentic content that drives loyalty and facilitate remarkable storytelling.
- Platforms to be managed: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Glassdoor
- Report to: Director of PR
- Position: 100% remote with meetings, collaborative teamwork and sharing hilarious videos facilitated by Slack and Zoom. In-person opportunities to meet with teammates to gather content, discuss work and drink beer will also be possible.
Social Strategy & Evaluation –
- Together with the VP of Marketing and Director of PR, determine strategy for social media platforms.
- Lead implementation of those strategies (daily drafting, scheduling, posting of content) and drive content priorities / uphold editorial calendar.
- Keep us ahead of the digital curve! Stay up to date on the latest social media best practices, technologies, and trends and be the architect of our moves to take advantage.
- Design and deploy social media campaigns to drive engagement and increase awareness.
- Create and execute digital advertising campaigns that drive sales.
- Monitor competitor’s social media platforms and discuss findings with Marketing Team leadership.
Content Creation –
- Based on editorial calendar, work closely with the Director of PR and the brewery’s Wizard of all things filmmaking and photography to determine content needs and timing.
- Help brainstorm creative ideas for photos, videos and snackable content that will attract attention and generate interest in the brand; help capture content as needed.
- Create a viral video that makes national news each week…it’s that easy, right?
- Brainstorm beer launch campaigns, giveaway ideas and unique approaches to engage followers.
Community Engagement –
- Put on your creative writing pants to answer questions/comments from our audience.
- Keep tabs on appropriate industry influencers as well as personalities outside of beer who could be impactful to our brand – maintain a database of potential collaborators and coordinate partnerships with various influencers as needed.
- Develop creative ways to grow our audience and expand our reach.
- Monitor social media daily to identify and address sensitive issues.
Reporting & Analytics –
- Deep dive into data with the brewery’s Business Analyst to measure the success of social media campaigns.
- Evaluate effectiveness of social media strategies by highlighting top posts, follower growth and other selected metrics for the team monthly.
- Prepare and distribute weekly reviews of industry news.
Got what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or additional education/certifications in digital media
- 3+ years experience / demonstrated history of being a digital demigod (including producing growth, digital marketing and content development experience)
- Strong understanding of how to use a variety of social media platforms, tools, and technologies (i.e. Twitter, Facebook (+ stories), Instagram (+ stories/reels), LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to quote Bill Murray, channel George Carlin and drop non-sequiturs like Mitch Hedberg.
- Be creative & collaborative as well as goal and team oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong drive to continue to learn and take the initiative in your duties
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great sense of humor and willingness to participate in team brainstorms, share new ideas, etc.
- Ability to be fast on your feet, adapt to change and be flexible
- Experience using Facebook Ad manager and Google AdWords
- Expert user of social media management tools, such as Sprout Social
Your application has been successfully submitted.