This job is no longer accepting applications.
Temescal Brewing is looking for a friendly and competent Bartender to join our Front of House team! We take great pride in serving spectacular beer to friends and neighbors in our “no jerks” taproom and beer garden, and need your help to continue that work.
This is a part-time position, working 2-3 shifts per week at our Oakland taproom, including weekends. During shifts, you will rotate through each of the following roles during service: bartending, hosting, and running the floor to assist with seating customers and sanitizing tables.
Our taproom, and our Bartender role, have evolved a lot this past year, and will continue to do so as COVID-19 regulations are lifted. As we adapt to these changes, it’s our goal to first and foremost keep our staff and patrons safe and to foster a kind, supportive culture among stuff -- all while providing amazing service and delicious beer in a fun and inviting space.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has minimum 2 years’ experience working in the service industry, hosting experience a plus.
- Has experience working with a Point of Sale system
- Treats folx with kindness, and has experience in de-escalation
- Is quick to adapt to new situations
- Is able to create and maintain a positive and welcoming ‘no jerks’ environment in the workplace
- Is a strong communicator, working well with fellow employees and diplomatically handling challenging customers
- Takes and gives constructive feedback to and from the rest of the crew
- Has a fun and inviting personality— dancing skills a plus—and is capable of developing strong relationships with regulars
- Is able to effectively communicate all aspects of our beer, operations, and brand to our patrons
- Maintains a clean work station, service floor, patio, and backroom at all times
- Has an uncompromising work ethic — whether it’s pouring the perfect pint every time or spotlessly cleaning our patio after a long shift.
- Has a constant curiosity to learn more about beer and our brand, and a desire to grow with our company
- Setting up for service and closing down the bar, patio, or host stand
- Greeting customers, explaining our service style and house rules
- Enforcing the rules of the patio and ensuring a safe environment for all guests
- Pouring beer, managing the beer line and providing a exceptional customer experience
- Packing to go orders, and giving them to patrons as they arrive
- Sanitizing all high touch surfaces regularly
- Various cleaning/restocking duties including but not limited to: patio, taproom, bathrooms, beer fridges, storage closet, and cold room spaces.
- Reporting any known low inventory, anything that may be out of order, inconsistencies, observations, concerns, suggestions, jokes in our daily barlog
- Hourly Wage ($14.36/hr) + tips
- Cell phone stipend to cover use of personal phone for work
- Paid lunch breaks
- Free beer and other in-kind perks
- You will be expected to be vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to safely perform this role
- This role requires working at our Oakland facility and regularly interacting with the public
- We have extensive policies in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our staff and customers, and we’re eager to discuss and address your safety needs
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bartender” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume, and current availability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.