Financial Analytics Specialist
About Manhattan Beer Distributors
What’s Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market. Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4,000 square feet of warehouse space, 2 beer brands, and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and CEO of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40+ years to incredible heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 400 trucks, 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space, and the distribution rights to over 300 brands. Servicing 15 counties in the metro-NY area, Manhattan Beer Distributors is now one of the largest beer and beverage distributors in the country. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels. Hard work, grit and a “can do” spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…..
We couldn’t do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn’t matter how large we get, we’ll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching and development.
Our business is growing and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!
The ideal candidate is someone who loves numbers, is highly motivated, deals well with ambiguity, is a self-starter and works well independently and in a team. The applicant should be comfortable interfacing with the executive management team and with presenting complex financial information in a clear and concise way. This individual will be working directly with the Director of FP&A and senior financial analyst as an integral part of the finance team. This candidate will also be part of a Center of Excellence (COE) Data Analytics Team.
How Will You Contribute?
The finance department is seeking a Financial Analyst to create predictive financial models, conduct in-depth financial analysis utilizing their data analytic skills to provide insights which will be used to support decision making for all facets of the business. The Financial Analyst will assist with various aspects of expenditure planning, variance analysis and KPI monitoring. In addition, this position will be involved in creating the annual operating plan, monthly rolling forecasts, and various special projects.
Your Main Focus Will Be:
Perform Financial Analysis and Presentations
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual financial analyses, including performance variance investigations, cost-benefit analysis, margin and trend examinations.
- Present insights based upon analysis of key metrics to cross functional business partners whilst providing detailed explanation of metric methodology, rationale and financial impact.
- Design, develop, and maintain reporting methodologies and dashboards for analyzing KPI metrics.
- Provide insight and recommendations to cut costs and grow profitability based off findings.
Review of Business Expenditures
- Review expenses for accuracy and arrange for corrections as needed.
- Effectively communicate and partner with all departments to understand monthly variances to budget.
- Analyze trends in financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Assist in compiling consolidated annual budgets, monthly reforecasts, and periodic management reporting packages.
- Utilize financial analytics to estimate the company’s needs and update projections.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining company’s forecasted financial statements, including Consolidated Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Statement of Cash Flows.
Assist in the Preparation and Consolidation of the Multi-Company AOP Budget
- Drive communication with all departments during the planning process and ensure adherence to budget deadlines.
- Review budget submission inputs into planning tool from all departments for accuracy and consistency.
- Validate budget outputs from planning tools.
- Make policy and procedure recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Create detailed, complex financial and analytical models to forecast and analyze profitability, revenue performance, sales and operations efficiencies and pricing optimization.
- Drive consistency and accuracy through process management and execution.
- Perform ad hoc analytics.
What Technologies Do I Need To Know?
- Exceptional Power Point and Excel skills (e.g. vlookups, hlookups, macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with programing languages (VBA, SQL, Python, etc.).
- Ability to build complex financial models from scratch preferred.
- Experience with MAS200 (Sage), eoStar, Board or Salient Interactive Miner a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or Business Administration with concentration in
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical or quantitative role. Prior experience in investment banking a
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Superior technical and interpersonal skills with capacity to see the big picture and “think outside the box”.
- Self-motivated, highly detail oriented and possesses strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and demanding working environment with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities with competing deadlines.
- Data driven and highly detail oriented; Ability to work with massive data reports to analyze sales and operating performance in order to help influence business decisions.
- Superior work ethic with strong organizational skills..
- Possesses an eye for continuous improvement opportunities and drive for results.
- Comfortable building relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural and diverse working environment.
- Confident in preparing and delivering presentations to groups of all sizes.
Reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. Dotted line to our Analytics Manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.