Left Hand Brewing Company is looking for an outstanding candidate to join our righteously independent brewery in Longmont, Colorado, located in the heart of the foothills and gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. A passion for craft beer, with a desire to learn and grow along with the company’s expansion, is a must. The ideal candidate will have a natural ability to work well under pressure all while keeping a positive demeanor and staying on task.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” Culture of Left Hand Brewing Co.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and company
- Actively participates in a continuous improvement culture
- Lifts 55lbs repeatedly throughout the day and up to 75 lbs occasionally. Executes team lift on heavier items as needed. Maneuvers kegs weighing 165 lbs either solo or with a team member.
- Stands for long periods of time, ascends or descends ladders, stairs, and or ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms, and moves self into different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments, including tight and confined spaces.
We strive to thrive everyday through our Core Values which define our culture and shape how we approach our customers.
1. Do the Right Thing. Promote Safety, Trust, Accountability, and Responsibility in all relationships (be a STAR to your fellow co-owner).
2. Embrace Diversity. Understand and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual - together we are stronger. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.
3. Help Others. Contribute positively to each other and to our communities where we work, live, and play.
4. Improve Yourself. Pursue individual growth and learning, be passionate with a good attitude, and endeavor to maintain a healthy work/life harmony.
5. Be an Owner. Explore initiatives to bring about positive results which foster pride in the workplace and strengthen One Team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• 2+ years of brewing experience.
• Strong mechanical background.
• Willingness to work at a VERY fast pace, yet be precise in your daily tasks.
• Lab skills and Micro understanding.
• Yeast Handling proficiency.
• Must have great experience and appreciation for CIP/SIP of tanks and wortways.
• STRONG cleaning/sanitizing background.
• STRONG communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and be able to work within a team AND independently with a great attitude.
• Full availability throughout the week. Day, night, overnight and weekend shifts will be required.
• Desire to learn.
• Appreciation of fine beer.
This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP, paid time off, and of course world class beer. We do not cover relocation costs.
In line with our Core Value of Embrace Differences, we welcome diversity of thought, culture, and background. We recruit, employ, train, and compensate regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We are eager to attract diverse talent to join, stay, and do their best work at Left Hand.
We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications listed.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Band: $19.00 – $21.50
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to accept emails, phone calls, or Linkedin/Social Media messages about open positions.
This posting closes EOB, 11/16/2023 (We reserve the right to close postings sooner).