Come join our energetic team at our Virginia Beach Location!
New Realm Brewing Company is an American craft brewery started in 2016 by co-founders Carey Falcone, Bob Powers and Mitch Steele. New Realm Brewing Co. seeks a Brewery Packaging Operator, working directly under our Head Brewer. As a brewery we are primarily brewing for packaging & distribution, although some beer is destined for our restaurant and beer garden. We are seeking someone who can remain adaptable and creative under pressure, enjoys the challenge of discerning and exceeding expectations and longs to become (or are you already) a beer expert and advocate.
The Packaging Operator is a hands-on, all-encompassing production position. Duties may include tracking, brewing, cellaring, packaging, shipping, and QA. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has brewing experience and a passion for craft beer. Must have similar experience to be considered for the position.
The position includes access to an industry-leading benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are perfection-seeking in all that we do, but we adhere to a “work-hard, play-hard” ethos and are committed to work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- · Learn, understand and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures.
- · Assist in the implementation and documentation of SOPs as they relate to packaging operations.
- · Assist in pack off and palletizing of finished product.
- · Recognize low fills and improperly filled/packaged product.
- · Maintain up to date packaging records.
- · Handle cleaning chemicals as necessary.
- · Assist in CIP process of canning line and kegging equipment.
- · Help operate, clean and maintain all packaging equipment.
- · Daily organization and cleaning packaging areas, ensuring areas are “tour ready”.
- · Troubleshoot and identify mechanical problems with packaging equipment.
- · Organize and audit inventory of finished beer and packaging supplies.
- · Ability to work under pressure, calmly but with a sense of urgency.
- · Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- · Ability to work a variable schedule, potentially including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- · Ability to work as a “team player,” maintaining open and honest communication with colleagues and management.
- · Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- · Ability to stand on their feet for 8 hrs. per day
- · Other duties as needed or assigned.
Job Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have had supervisory experience
- Experience working on a packaging line preferred
- Customer Service - Intermediate
- Communication - Intermediate
- Helping Others - Intermediate
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily.
High School or better is preferred but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present our menu to guests and answer questions. Must be able to speak English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, you are regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and taste and smell. You are frequently required to bend and stoop You must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.