Boulevard Brewing Company is recognized as a leader in the high-end beer segment. Boulevard Brewing Company is proud to be part of the Duvel Moortgat family of breweries which also includes Duvel USA and Brewery Ommegang. As the fourth largest craft brewery by volume in the United States, our beers and cocktails are built by our people, who are bound together by a devotion to our products and customers. We offer a competitive salary, employee bonus, medical/dental, 401k, educational assistance, parental leave, and other wonderful employee perks and benefits!
First and foremost our employees must have a passion for the craft of beer making and creating exceptional beers for our customers. Candidates must be committed to quality, understand brewery sanitation and help create a safe work environment. The successful assistant brewer will have the opportunity to grow into a brewer position.
This position is a logistical support role for the brewers which will include but not be limited to:
- Measure fermentation quality data and enter into process computers
- CIP of all vessels
- dry hopping
- staging malt and hops
- vacation and sick time coverage for barrel program and cellarers
- general housekeeping and cleaning
- staging, pumping, and blending operations for Quirk, Fling, and fruit beers
- brewing hot brews on BH1.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to make critical decisions based on various production and quality parameters.
- Share in all production duties and responsibilities.
- Commitment to being a part of a team dynamic.
- Strong organizational, communication, and record keeping skills.
- Good people skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot process issues.
- The ability to multitask. Strong time management skills and an attention to detail is required.
- Self-motivated; ability to work unsupervised
- Physical strength, flexibility and stamina required. Must be able to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Brewing, food plant experience, and/or science background preferred
- Must be able to drive a fork truck
- High school diploma or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.