Like America’s great pastime, Texas Leaguer Brewing (est. 2017) helps people enjoy life and good times through our passion to craft great beer for everyone to experience and enjoy. As an independent brewery, TXL is dedicated to brewing with integrity. We use high quality ingredients to deliver brews that cultivate fans, and we hustle it out every day to keep them in the stands.
We are seeking a Brewer to join our team.
The Brewer operates our 25-barrel brewing system. Aspects of this system include milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, and wort cooling. In addition, the Brewer is responsible for pre- and post cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels. They are also responsible for cellar tasks including, but not limited to, yeast pitching, filtration, beer transfers, tank CIPs, various fermentation additions, and the maintenance of parts and hoses. They will be responsible for supporting, and at times leading, packaging operations including canning, kegging, bottle filling, labeling, palletizing, wrapping, and warehousing. The Brewer works 10+ hour shifts, and work may include 24/7 hours including weekends. The Brewer is expected to be punctual, self-motivated, and contribute within a teamwork environment.
A Brewer’s responsibilities and duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Brewing and packaging beer according to recipe and packaging specifications
- Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Follow all safety procedures
- Keep accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keep accurate daily production records in Ekos per company and legal requirements
- Continually maintain all beer production areas including equipment
- Assist maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment
- Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement
- Operate and monitor electronic and computerized brew systems
- Execute all packaging and warehousing operations according to standard Operating Procedures.
- Represent Texas Leaguer Brewing Company to the highest standards and participate in on or off site events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- An enthusiastic approach to work is required as is a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to take on any task; courteous, professional, and polished demeanor
- Must be a team player yet be trusted to act independently
- 2+ years brewing (homebrew or commercial) experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Ekos is preferred
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently work under pressure with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required
- Mechanical and technical proficiency performing routine maintenance on equipment and troubleshooting
- Must also be physically able to lift 55 lb grain sacks, drag heavy hoses across the floor, regularly lift/push/pull up to 170 pounds, stand for 10+ hours a day, and perform other physically demanding duties in an open air facility
- Must be 21+ and hold a valid driver license and forklift certification
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume . Please include salary expectations and any references you would like us to consider.