Territory Sales Manager - Norfolk, Tidewater area of Virginia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Heavy Seas Beer is looking for an experienced Territory Sales Manager for the Norfolk, Tidewater area of Virginiato grow the volume, revenue, and awareness of the Heavy Seas brand.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales and distribution of products for the Heavy Seas portfolio with our Southern Virginia distributors and a small portion of North Carolina. This position will also assist with any execution of national and regional chain accounts where Heavy Seas is distributed. The ideal candidate will be expected to build and leverage relationships to increase sales, distribution, market share and brand awareness in assigned accounts and the distributor territory.
- Work directly with distributor management to promote brands and implement programming to drive revenue and gross profit.
- Monitor distributor inventory and shipments weekly.
- Manages and communicates shared strategies including pricing strategies, brand strategies and go to market strategies.
- Conducts quarterly planning meetings with distributor partners to set goals for market execution.
- Build relationships with distributors by working the trade with key distributor personnel.
- Maintain regular call frequency with assigned accounts.
- Conducts regular sales calls with customers and establish relationships within a targeted list of accounts to grow the business
- Regularly survey accounts to ensure accurate pricing, merchandising and inventory control.
- Attend any key trade shows or events to help drive community involvement with our distributor partners.
Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Adheres to the ethical sales culture of Heavy Seas Brewery
- Strong alignment to company culture and values. Personality fit with the Heavy Seas crew is key.
- Strong knowledge of the three-tier alcoholic beverage distribution system, including full knowledge promotional legalities.
- Ability to collaborate with distributors and fellow Heavy Seas employees.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment.
- Must be self-motivated with a passion to win.
- Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the capability to learn VIP.
- Travel required among the geography, approximately 60-70% of the time. Overnight travel is minimal.
- Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- Must live within the territory’s footprint.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time
- Work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise – office with printers and computers; loud noise – factory or manufacturing space)
- Compensation based on experience
- Health insurance, as well as dental and vision, available
- 401k with company match; vesting after 3 years
- Car and phone allowance
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Southern Virginia Territory Manager”. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.