This job is no longer accepting applications.
Castle Island is looking for a Taproom Manager to join the team at our Norwood, MA brewery & beer garden. For the last five years, we’ve focused on building a community around inclusivity, approachability, and excellence, and we need help overseeing our hospitality operation on weekends. If you have a passion for approachable craft beer, an inclusive community, and awesome hospitality, then this is your chance to be part of one of the most exciting breweries in Massachusetts.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the front of house staff
- Hire, train and manage our amazing taproom team
- Create weekly schedules
- Create daily shift assignments for all Taproom staff
- Assign breaks and ensure proper coverage for staff breaks
- Oversee daily service by taproom staff and ensure that necessary tasks are completed
- Handle any escalated customer service issues
- Ensure that all food and beverage safety regulations are followed
- Ensure that all digital and printed menus are up to date
- Maintain communication with kitchen regarding menu changes
- Make decisions regarding draft line changes and execute them
- Ensure that all Castle Island product served is up to our strict quality standards
- Safely and accurately handle all cash
- Set up cash drawers
- Collect and reconcile cash nightly and create cash deposits
- Replenish change in registers as needed
- Record cash tips as well as any cash variances nightly
- Maintain a fun environment in line with the Castle Island brand through music choices and volume, as well as lighting
- Take point in handling any VIPs, industry friends, vendors, and private events
- Manage taproom programming including live music, trivia and tours
- Have a good time, all the time
- Must be passionate about craft beer, any prior experience with beer/brewing is a plus
- Must serve as a team leader who excels in a small business environment.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Must be reliable and organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word, POS systems)
- Must excel at multi-tasking.
- Must have excellent time management and schedule management skills
- Must be able to keep up with a high energy, fast-paced environment, and be able to adapt and think on one’s feet
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds, and bend, twist, and turn as required
- Must be TIPS certified before start date
- Must have reliable transportation to the beer garden
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bartending, retail, hospitality and/or brewery experience necessary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution (full-time only)
- 401K plan
- Paid time off (full-time only)
- Generous shift beer policy
- Recurring retail shop stipend
- Discounts on Castle Island merch
How to Apply:
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Taproom Manager” (no phone calls or drop-ins please).
- In the body of your email, please provide responses to the following questions:
- What is your favorite thing about the craft beer scene these days? What about your least favorite?
- How would you describe your idea of the perfect beer?
- Good or bad, what’s the most memorable experience you’ve had in a bar or taproom?
- How would you deal with a rowdy or intoxicated guest?
Your application has been successfully submitted.