The Quality Manager oversees all brewery QA/QC operations in the lab and on the production floor. This position manages the development of sampling plans, testing, data collection and analysis, and the sensory program. The Quality Manager is also involved in research and development projects targeted towards the continuous improvement of our product.
- Provides day to day management and supervision of the lab staff and acts in a supervisory role to all production staff performing QA/QC checks.
- In coordination with human resources, recruits and hires staff
- Coaches and conducts performance reviews for all staff
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Oversees schedules and assignments for the department
- Coordinates training for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff
- Participates on the leadership team
- Develops or updates new sampling plans, action plans, and SOPs as needed
- Oversees all quality checks, including yeast management, microbiological control, chemical and analytical tests, and packaged beer quality checks.
- Manages a sensory panel, including setting up tastings, maintaining inventory, and performing ongoing training sessions.
- Reports data trends to other production managers and works closely with the Head Brewer and Packaging Manager to mitigate quality related issues.
- Troubleshoots ongoing issues and identifies root issues and areas in need of improvement.
- Creates research and development projects and experiments in order to support long term quality improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years of age or older
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge about brewing, fermentation, or food science
- Strong skills and knowledge of microbiology, including aseptic technique, plating, and PCR
- Ability to build spreadsheets and complete statistical analysis of data
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Previous experience in manufacturing, quality control, or brewery setting is preferred
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and climb to collect samples.
- Bachelor of Science in a related field such as biology, chemistry, or food science
Your application has been successfully submitted.