Packaging Line Operator
The Packaging Line Operator position is a diverse role which requires knowledge and understanding of multiple stations throughout the Packaging Hall. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, is a multi-tasker, a quick learner, and must enjoy a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Especially seeking those who take pride in a job well done – by making sure every case of beer is perfectly packaged before it goes out the door! Experience in a manufacturing setting or packaging brewery is great, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Each station in the Packaging Hall requires the operator to perform a list of duties that includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Station and machine set up following SOP
• Machine operation following SOP
• Minor machinery maintenance following SOP
• Quality checks following SOP
• Station cleanliness and organization
• Proper documentation of information concerning the day’s production
• Proper handling of chemicals for sanitation cycles/CIP cycles/general use cleaning
• Run station with a focus on safety, cleanliness and sanitation
• Notify Packaging Manager of quality issues and work with team to resolve
• Remove and save manufacturer defected materials according to SOP
• Inform Packaging Manager of mechanical issues observed and offer ideas for improvements to the work station
• Strive to minimize waste and down time
• Assist Packaging Hall and Operations teams with other duties as necessary
In addition, the operator will be cross-trained and assigned to one or more stations, both on the can line and the bottle line.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to be flexible with schedule to meet scheduling needs, including some evening shifts
• Report to work on time
• Contributes to a positive working environment
• Proper use and handling of chemicals
• Repeated lifting of 35–75-lb
• Safely operate fork lift, pallet jacks, and other machinery (training provided)
• Adhere to company policies and procedures, including all standards for food safety and personnel GMPs
• Must maintain current TABC server certification
• Observes plant safety procedures, uses safety equipment (including PPE) and materials properly, and promotes a safety culture and awareness within their area
• Assist with special events at the brewery and in the market
This is full time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Packaging Manager. This position is located in Blanco, Texas. Regular schedule is normally Mon-Fri, with some evening and occasional weekend shifts required.
Paid Time Off • Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance • Employer paid Long-term Disability insurance • Simple IRA with Employer Matching • Voluntary Short-Term Disability insurance • Voluntary Additional Life insurance • Educational Opportunities • and, of course, Beer and a beautiful Hill Country setting!