Supply Chain Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Purchasing Coordinator
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:30am-4pm with the ability to be flexible based on potential deviations in production and scheduling. Occasional weekend or off-hours work may be required.
Summary: Join our family and share the story of D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. (DGY) and what makes us unique as America’s Oldest Brewery. We are family owned and operated since 1829 and have a strong culture and history of perseverance and grit. We are seeking a strong champion of our company and our brands. We are looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to assist with all daily purchasing tasks associated with packaging materials needed for our Mill Creek and Pottsville, PA breweries, as well as supporting the purchase order entry responsibilities for other vendors. The Supply Chain Coordinator position is to assure a continuous, smooth and safe flow of all packaging materials for our two Pottsville breweries’ packaging departments, at the lowest cost and best quality, while seeking to avoid line stoppages to the production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ordering incoming packaging materials to meet weekly orders, ensure the accurate logistics & flow of incoming materials, inventorying stock on hand, and to construct future optimization scheduling methods as required.
- Short, medium, and long-term forecasting of packaging materials with possible opportunities to become involved with supplier negotiations.
- Collect paperwork from Warehouse B-dock to verify receivers for accuracy.
- Confirm any outstanding deliveries and paperwork at B-dock.
- Collect shipping paperwork, copy warehouse yard sheet, and organize hill paperwork.
- Receive orders and electronically move loads to the yard.
- Check B-dock log for all unloaded trailers. Verify and electronically move, if necessary.
- Create Purchase Orders in Deacom and send PO’s to packaging vendors.
- Update Deacom with DGY acknowledgement number and location.
- Send pickup information to carriers while checking for accuracy.
- Make changes to open orders as needed.
- Verify accuracy of orders, update recurring orders and identify orders that are not pulling information correctly.
- Enter Ball Metal orders on the Ball portal and into Deacom and assign to carriers.
- Update white boards with production schedules.
- Run MRP to review reports, place orders and change orders.
- Use MRP to search suggested items and scan system to avoid out-of-stock materials and check for production changes or updates.
- General filing.
- Track orders to verify any late or missing orders. Contact vendor and/or carrier. Email updates to appropriate DGY personnel.
- Initiate OI glass and Ball Metal pallet returns in Deacom and confirm with carrier.
- Track trailers in the yard.
- Ensure that required packaging materials are on the floor or scheduled to be delivered in time for next day’s production needs.
- Review OI weekly Inventory Report.
- Submit weekly reporting and forecasts to Ball and OI.
- Submit weekly usage report to Graphics Packaging, Inc.
- Generate West Rock weekly report.
- Assign carriers based on best available freight rate to CPU loads from GPI.
- Build MRP spreadsheets.
- Build new forms to streamline processes as required.
- Generate RMA’s for defective materials and transfer materials within Deacom.
- Assume duties of Purchasing Manager in his/her absence.
- May be required to provide coverage for Mill Creek Warehouse Manager in his/her absence.
- Must perform other duties as required by the Immediate Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong computer & organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with vendors.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics Management or related, preferred.
- Continued education in the field of warehousing / logistics as necessary.
- Requirements of the position include skills, experience, licenses and certifications typically necessary for this role.
- Required to move about the facility.
- Ascend/descend structures and stairs.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.