Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are seeking a versatile, passionate packaging manager interested in leading a high-quality team and ensuring the production of high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. The packaging manager oversees and leads all site-specific packaging operations. To ensure all packaging processes are running at the highest efficiency while not sacrificing quality. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning brewing team and a cutting-edge facilities team tackling unique challenges and assisting in commissioning a brand-new canning line. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Build and maintain accurate and up-to-date canning line SOPs to ensure that beer is properly canned with quality and food safety in mind.
- Ability to jump in as needed and have the ability to operate all packaging equipment and any station on the line.
- Responsible for training, scheduling, hiring, and developing packaging team members.
- Ensures all safety standards are being followed and conducts regular inspections and meetings in collaboration with ABC’s EHS and OSHA Director
- Ensure the team is compliant with company policies, safety guidelines, and GMPs.
- Manages sanitation standards, cleaning scheduling of all packaging equipment.
- Works with the Facilities Manager to ensure preventative maintenance is being completed.
- Effectively communicate and lead a team of up to 20 packaging operators.
- Works with Production management and Brewing management to schedule and execute any and all packaged goods needs in the most efficient way possible.
- Work closely with Brewing, EHS, Food Safety, and the Quality departments.
- Work with procurement and warehouse to maintain proper stock of raw materials required for packaging.
- Validate timecards for Packaging department personnel in compliance with payroll schedule.
- Plan and provide monthly reports of Downtime, loss, and efficiency to the leadership team.
- Work with and be in constant communications with vendors and original equipment manufacturers to ensure proper stock levels of consumables are on hand for all canning line equipment.
- Create production orders and BOMs in NetSuite.
- Edit and monitor inventory levels in NetSuite.
- Work directly with our planning department to ensure daily production goals is met.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience / Traits:
Who You Are:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results-driven with a commitment to quality.
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication both inside and outside of the Packaging department.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest in the brewing industry and community.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in packaging position in a commercial brewery with a minimum of 200k BBLs a year production volume. Larger volumes are a strong plus.
- Minimum of three years in a leadership role.
- Strong technical understanding of machinery and sanitation.
- Experience with automated systems. Detailed experience with Krones, NetSuite. Multiple packaging formats and lines are a plus.
- Strong understanding of the G suit and comparable platforms
- Proven understanding of basic GMPs
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Location: Stratford, CT or San Diego, CA.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email email@example.com with the subject – Packaging Manager.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.